Six ClearlySo clients cited on The Edtech50 as leaders in education technology
Six ClearlySo clients have been honoured on The Edtech50, launched yesterday by Edtech UK and Jisc at a House of Lords reception.
London, United Kingdom – ClearlySo, Europe’s leading impact investment bank, announced that six of its clients have been honoured on The Edtech50, launched yesterday by Edtech UK and Jisc at a House of Lords reception. The awards recognise products and projects demonstrating effective and impactful use of Edtech in the UK, along with individuals who have played a leading role in developing this area of work.
ClearlySo clients that won awards or were mentioned as “ones to note” (denoted in italics below), include:
– boclips: Cloud-based platform that makes it easy for education providers to find, license and use video from some of the world’s largest and most respected content producers.
– eCadets: Online safety education platform empowering kids to keep schools safe. More than 3,300 schools, especially primaries, supported across the UK. GoBubble – the safe social media for under 13s.
– EduKit: Innovative social enterprise committed to ensuring that all students can achieve their potential with particular focus on those from disadvantaged or difficult backgrounds.
– Night Zookeeper: Digital learning tool that inspires writing through competitions, fun and the power of story.
– Sumdog: Adaptive learning service that uses ‘gamified learning’ to improve students’ results in Maths and English.
– Third Space Learning: Team of teachers and technologists who work with primary schools across the UK to transform pupils’ attainment and love of maths.
According to the government’s Digital Strategy, published in Feb 2017, education technology is one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, representing 4% of all digital companies. Over the past decade, ClearlySo has played a leading role in helping dozens of these high-growth high-impact Edtech businesses obtain the capital they need, from seed stage through series A, to launch and scale their operations.
Commenting on The Edtech50 announcement, ClearlySo CEO Rodney Schwartz stated: “Edtech firms represent our best hope for future generations. These firms are essential if we are to effectively disrupt an out-of-date, inefficient and increasingly ineffective system of education designed for the world of 100 years ago. ClearlySo is proud to help raise capital for these impactful innovators.”
The official announcement and full list of award winners may be found here.
Notes to the Editors
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank, working exclusively with businesses and funds delivering positive social, ethical, and/or environmental impact as well as financial return.
Originally founded in 2008, ClearlySo has helped more than 125 clients raise more than £175 million in impact investment from its extensive network of high-net-worth individual and institutional investors.
In addition, ClearlySo ATLAS helps investors assess the social and environmental impact of their venture capital and private equity investments and guides them towards choosing sustainable businesses that deliver long term benefit to people, planet and the bottom line.
ClearlySo is headquartered in London.
Chief Marketing Officer
T: 0207 490 9520