Consultant or other experienced professional to work with Family Offices/ HNWIs in the impact investment market
This is a permanent, full-time position based in ClearlySo’s London office.
London, United Kingdom
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank, working exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering attractive financial returns as well as positive social and/or environmental impact. The firm has raised more capital for such organisations than any similar firm in Europe and our pipeline of business is growing very fast. The business provides specialist corporate finance advisory and execution services to impact enterprises—predominantly in five sectors; Health & Wellness, Education, Responsible Consumerism, Financial Inclusion and Energy & the Environment. These areas offer exciting opportunities to investors seeking returns as well as impact. The business also advises, structures and acts as a placement agent for Impact Funds looking to raise capital from institutional investors. We prove that that impact has become a key third dimension in investment decision-making, and that values-driven businesses and funds can be both high impact and return.
Founded in 2008, ClearlySo has advised 100+ clients raising over £250m from its network of high net worth individuals and institutional investors to help them scale their businesses. Recent milestones include a rapidly expanding enterprise pipeline, a surge in impact fund mandates and significant external investment in the business. ClearlySo recently completed a £2m capital raising to fund its expansion and fully leverage its position at the heart of the rapidly growing global impact investing market. You can read more about us on our website: www.clearlyso.com.
Recently we have been approached by numerous HNWIs or Family Offices (FOs) keen to become more impact-oriented with regard to their investing strategy. We are looking for an exceptional and committed professional to further develop our capability to engage with such investors and assist them in their impact investing journey, strengthen our proactive outreach to such clients and offer our investment products to them. You will be an integral part of an established and experienced team within ClearlySo that will be led by our CEO. The nature of the role means that we are inclined towards those with a consulting background but recognise that others with strong experience in the impact investing space may also qualify. Although this is a permanent role, we are open to individuals considering a “temp to perm” position.
ClearlySo is always seeking experienced professionals who are keen to deploy their skills in raising finance for organisations looking to make the world a better place. Although the firm seeks to pay at the upper end of the impact investment sector, candidates are unlikely to match compensation available in the banking and consulting mainstream—at least for now. However, the work environment is highly collegial and positive. Given this requirement, we are open to candidates with varying levels of experience. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and we encourage anyone fed up with roles that make little positive difference in the world to apply.
This is a new role and a new initiative for ClearlySo. As the work will be relatively new to you and to us it will be fruitful to discuss the detail of these activities in person. The role will involve significant interaction with HNWI/FO clients but also intimate familiarity with ClearlySo and its products and services. An ability to assess client needs, devise a framework to address those needs and connect with ClearlySo’s leading impact expertise and products and services will be essential.
- An enquiring mind and the capacity to listen actively and attentively and identify key issues and problems—even when they lie well beneath the surface.
- The ability to think systematically about problem-solving, and to design and implement process solutions.
- Extensive and proven experience in a consulting, research, sales or related background.
- Exceptional client management skills and experience in working with HNWIs.
- Confident professional with a bias for action.
- An independent and reliable colleague who can effectively engage with current or new investors on specific transaction opportunities or wider coverage.
- Enthusiasm for working in a small, entrepreneurial company and good cultural fit with the team.
- Natural ability to make a positive initial impression, sell and form deep and lasting relationships.
- Awareness of and clear interest in impact investment.
- Clear commitment to and passion for a better financial system where the impact of investments is considered alongside financial risk and return.
- Ability to create a positive impression through public presentations, in large meetings and to act as a positive ambassador for ClearlySo.
- Attention to detail and financial prudence.
Nice to haves:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a consulting, research, sales or related background.
- Strong connections and network with family offices and/or wealth management firms.
- An existing network of investors/LPs active in the impact investment or PE/VC funds market.
- Experience of using databases, CRM systems (e.g. Pipedrive) or other similar technologies.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Corporate finance or transaction/execution experience.
- Proficiency in one or more European languages.
- Experience of working with impact enterprises/investors
- Knowledge of trends and regulations affecting the impact investment market.
What we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role at Europe’s leading impact investment bank.
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission and track record in closing impact transactions, which is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the surge in transaction activity in impact investing.
- A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and potential for bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance.
- A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, plus a brief covering letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role. ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants must have an appropriate visa to work on an ongoing basis in the UK.