We believe in the power of transformative business to answer social and environmental challenges – our values are embodied by our people and in the way we work.
Our team at ClearlySo is made up of a diverse range of individuals, from many different professional and cultural backgrounds, and we
are proud to be an equal opportunities employer (ClearlySo Gender Equality Statement). Working in the growing impact investment space means that we offer something
different to the financial mainstream – you might make a lot less money, but you will have the chance to change the world.
To find out more about any of our vacancies, please get in touch:
We are currently recruiting for the following roles at ClearlySo:
This is a permanent, full-time position based in ClearlySo’s London office.
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank. We work exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering positive social and/or environmental impact as well as financial return, providing them with corporate finance advice and assisting them in raising investment capital. ClearlySo has advised 100+ clients raising over £100m of investment, from a broad network of individual and institutional investors, to help them scale their business. We are seeking outstanding individuals who share our vision of a financial system that supports positive impact.
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance function, for improving ClearlySo’s capacity for financial tracking and planning, and for providing strategic financial support to the senior management team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Finance Manager will take full ownership of ClearlySo’s accounting and financial systems, ensuring that they meet the required standards internally and with our stakeholders, as an FCA-regulated organization.
In addition, the Senior Finance Manager will play an important role in the growth and development of ClearlySo’s strategy. They will work closely with the senior management team to develop budgets, manage financial performance, and provide analysis and insight on strategic decisions.
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-growing, values-driven company, who likes to get things done, and will seek to continually improve ClearlySo’s financial management as it grows.
Manage day-to-day running of the Finance function:
Full ownership of ClearlySo’s financial accounting systems
Manage the completion of comprehensive monthly and annual management accounts and report on the financial position of the business, including consolidation of financial statements
Manage payroll, expenses and over overhead allocations
Administer company pension scheme and employee share scheme
Manage accounts payable
Raise invoices to clients and manage credit control
Submit quarterly VAT returns
Provide and interpret financial information:
Provide timely and accurate financial reports to the Board
Manage statutory accounts preparation and be the main point of call for auditors
Assist with reporting to ClearlySo’s investors
Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts including auditors, solicitors, HMRC, and statutory organisations
Support longer-term financial planning and analysis:
Develop and update budgets, and liaise with the senior management team around performance against budget
Model future scenarios to assess strategic business decisions
Complete ad-hoc commercial analysis
Continue to improve our financial management processes and controls, to meet compliance requirements and minimize financial risk
Minimum 7 years experience within accountancy/finance based roles, including leadership positions
CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
Excellent numeracy and Excel skills
Good communication to non-finance professionals
Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work independently; initiative to improve on current systems; must be a problem solver
Experience of Xero
Familiarity with FCA regulated companies
Experience in a financial intermediary, investment bank or corporate finance house
Familiarity with investment including debt & equity
Experience in an entrepreneurial environment, building a quality finance function within a small team
Experience running a finance function in an SME
Interest in ClearlySo’s mission of building a better financial system that supports positive social and environmental impact
What we offer:
A front row seat in the fast-growing field of impact investment
Salary within £50,000 to £60,000 range, depending on experience
Stock options after one year of employment, and bonuses based upon firm-wide performance
High level of exposure to businesses, entrepreneurs and investors at the forefront of impact investing
Opportunity to work alongside highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission
A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work
How to apply:
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief letter telling us why you would be a great fit for the role.
ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants must have an appropriate visa to work in the UK.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
We are always on the lookout for outstanding candidates to join ClearlySo’s Impact Research & Innovation team.
ClearlySo’s IR&I team are delivering a new set of tools and services to empower private equity investment firms to take action to increase the positive impact of their portfolios. This is a challenging and innovative project, breaking new ground in incorporating impact into the investment decisions of private equity firms.
Throughout 2017 there will be several exciting roles available within the team, with possibilities to join full-time, part-time or freelance.
We are currently building up a pool of suitable applicants who meet our criteria that we can draw on when we have openings to fill. We are particularly looking for:
Part-time or freelance ESG/impact analysts, who bring a wealth of knowledge about existing ESG & impact measurement best practice, and strong research and analytical skills.
Part-time or freelance business development experts, who know the private equity industry inside out, with a deep understanding of the opportunities, constraints and people within it.
The team is currently small, so there are lots of opportunities for growth. All candidates should be analytical, commercially-minded, and enthusiastic about the opportunity to influence private equity investors to actively consider impact.
If these roles sound exciting, or you have other suggestions of how you could contribute, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you find the work of the Impact Research & Innovation team appealing, and what skills and experience you could add to the team.
ClearlySo is the leading UK financial intermediary in the growing impact investing space.
As an investment bank, we work with ventures and funds delivering positive social and/or environmental impact as well as financial return. Primarily, we provide ventures and funds with corporate finance advice and assisting them in raising investment capital. ClearlySo has advised clients raising over £100m of investment, from a broad network of individual and institutional investors, to help them scale their business.
In addition, we have launched a new team, Impact Research & Innovation, that provides tools to support private equity investors to integrate impact into their investment and portfolio management decisions.
ClearlySo seeks outstanding individuals who share our vision of a financial system that supports positive impact. You can read more about the work we do at our website: ClearlySo.com.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in ClearlySo’s London office.
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank. We work exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering attractive financial returns as well as positive social and/or environmental impact, providing them with corporate finance advice and assisting them in raising investment capital from individual and institutional investors. We also assess the impact of our PE and VC clients investee companies.
ClearlySo has advised 140+ clients raising over £150m of investment to help them scale their business. The past years have seen significant milestones including Octopus Ventures becoming our largest institutional investor after Big Society Capital, moving into upgraded office premises, a surge in impact fund mandates, and being named ‘Business Consultancy of the Year’ at the British Small Business Awards. Additionally, over the past 5 years ClearlySo has also run the UK’s first, largest, and most-active group of private individuals and families investing with a positive impact.
You can read more about the work we do and the clients we work with at our website: ClearlySo.com.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated and commercially-oriented individual to help execute ClearlySo’s marketing and communications strategy. This role will report directly to ClearlySo’s Chief Marketing Officer.
You will be an experienced marketing / communications manager with an active interest in impact investment and engagement with social and environmental issues.
Key activities & responsibilities
• Build on ClearlySo’s very strong reputation and brand as a leading impact investing organisation within a rapidly-growing, cutting-edge industry, via Tier 1 press coverage, our website & blog, social media, speaking opportunities, and other opportunities that you seek out
• Support the Investment Banking team to help grow the size and quality of our network of individual and institutional investors and increase engagement of existing investors through targeted marketing campaigns
• Support the ClearlySo ATLAS team to market our impact assessment solution to private equity and venture capital firms
• Maintain the ClearlySo website and keep updated with latest blogs, press releases, job postings, etc…
• Assist in the tracking of KPIs for the marketing team, and continually use data to monitor the effectiveness of our marketing
• Support the ClearlySo team in the creation and maintenance of sales collateral
A successful candidate will have:
• Strong commercial orientation
• Energy, enthusiasm and a passion for our social/environmental mission
• The ability to work flexibly in a small team, and to prioritise effectively in a busy environment
• At least 2 years of experience in marketing and track record of raising the profile of an organisation (preferably a start-up or fast-growing business)
• Strong project management and organisational skills
• Evidence of using marketing / campaigning to support business development
• Exemplary communication skills for internal and external communications work, and highly professional level of written English
• Strong design and presentation skills
Desired qualities and experience:
• Knowledge and understanding of the world of impact investment and the firms within it
• Relationships with journalists and editors in the start-up and investment space
• Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design software
• Experience using AdWords, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor, WebEx, WordPress and Salesforce
• Knowledge of marketing automation solutions such as Marketo and Eloqua
What we offer:
• An exciting and high-profile role at a market-leading organisation within the fast-growing field of impact investment
• The opportunity to work alongside highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission, and a brilliant group of passionate and engaged impact investors
• A competitive salary (dependent on experience) for the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; bonuses based upon firm-wide performance
• A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role. If you have a portfolio of marketing collateral/blogs/press articles, please include this with your application. Deadline for applications is Sunday, 29th of October.