We believe in the power of transformative business to answer social and environmental challenges – our values are embodied by our people and in the way we work.
Our team at ClearlySo is made up of a diverse range of individuals, from many different professional and cultural backgrounds, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer (ClearlySo Gender Equality Statement). Working in the growing impact investment space means that we offer something different to the financial mainstream – you might make a lot less money, but you will have the chance to change the world. To find out more about any of our vacancies, please get in touch:
We are currently recruiting for the following roles at ClearlySo:
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Clearly So’s London office (Moorgate/Old Street).
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank, working exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering attractive financial returns as well as positive social and/or environmental impact. We provide corporate finance advice and assist clients in raising investment capital from institutional and individual investors. ClearlySo has raised more capital for such organisations than any similar firm in Europe and our pipeline of business is growing very fast. Our work proves that impact has become a key third dimension in investment making decisions, and that values-driven businesses can be both high impact and return.
Founded in 2008, ClearlySo has advised well over 100 clients raising £250m+ from its network of high net worth individuals and institutional investors to help them scale their businesses. Recent milestones include helping to raise £72m for our clients in 2018, a big jump from the prior year (£45m), a surge in impact fund mandates, and being named ‘Business Consultancy of the Year’ at the British Small Business Awards. ClearlySo also runs the UK’s first, largest, and most active group of private individuals investing for positive impact. You can read more about us on our website: www.clearlyso.com.
We are looking for a strong finance professional to take responsibility for, and control of the Finance and Accounts function of the organisation. This role was previously performed extremely effectively on a part time basis but with the imminent retirement of the current Controller and a significant growth forecast in the size of the business it is thought that now is the ideal time to increase the scope of the role. However, to ease the transition, the retiring Controller will be available on a consultancy basis. This change of emphasis will give the successful candidate the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the development of the business and grow with us in the role.
- Accounting ledgers leading to production of management and statutory reports;
- Annual audit with external auditors;
- Banking relationships;
- Payroll via external bureau;
- Pension returns & payments;
- Annual budget.
Completion of statutory returns:
- VAT, PAYE, Gabriel (FCA), Companies House;
- Negotiation and completion of Insurance policies and other contracts.
Ad hoc duties:
- Reports & Presentations for Board – meets 8 times per year;
- Reports & Presentations for CEO/Senior management requests;
- Analyses of various operational and financial metrics;
- Occasional HR related tasks;
- Cashflow reporting.
Key working relationships
- CEO and non-executive directors;
- Senior management team, principally – In house counsel, Head of marketing & CIO.
- Qualified accountant
- An independent outlook with the ability to challenge
- Enthusiasm for personal and team development in an entrepreneurial organisation
- Belief in and commitment to Impact Investing
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a regulated environment
What we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role at Europe’s leading impact investment bank.
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission and track record in closing impact transactions, which is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the surge in transaction activity in impact investing.
- A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and potential for bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance.
- A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, plus a brief covering letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role. ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants must have an appropriate visa to work in the UK.