We believe in the power of transformative business to answer social and environmental challenges – our values are embodied by our people and in the way we work.
Our team at ClearlySo is made up of a diverse range of individuals, from many different professional and cultural backgrounds, and we
are proud to be an equal opportunities employer (ClearlySo Gender Equality Statement). Working in the growing impact investment space means that we offer something
different to the financial mainstream – you might make a lot less money, but you will have the chance to change the world.
To find out more about any of our vacancies, please get in touch:
We are currently recruiting for the following roles at ClearlySo:
We are always on the lookout for outstanding candidates to join ClearlySo’s Impact Research & Innovation team.
ClearlySo’s IR&I team are delivering a new set of tools and services to empower private equity investment firms to take action to increase the positive impact of their portfolios. This is a challenging and innovative project, breaking new ground in incorporating impact into the investment decisions of private equity firms.
Throughout 2017 there will be several exciting roles available within the team, with possibilities to join full-time, part-time or freelance.
We are currently building up a pool of suitable applicants who meet our criteria that we can draw on when we have openings to fill. We are particularly looking for:
Part-time or freelance ESG/impact analysts, who bring a wealth of knowledge about existing ESG & impact measurement best practice, and strong research and analytical skills.
Part-time or freelance business development experts, who know the private equity industry inside out, with a deep understanding of the opportunities, constraints and people within it.
The team is currently small, so there are lots of opportunities for growth. All candidates should be analytical, commercially-minded, and enthusiastic about the opportunity to influence private equity investors to actively consider impact.
If these roles sound exciting, or you have other suggestions of how you could contribute, please email us on email@example.com telling us why you find the work of the Impact Research & Innovation team appealing, and what skills and experience you could add to the team.
ClearlySo is the leading UK financial intermediary in the growing impact investing space.
As an investment bank, we work with ventures and funds delivering positive social and/or environmental impact as well as financial return. Primarily, we provide ventures and funds with corporate finance advice and assisting them in raising investment capital. ClearlySo has advised clients raising over £100m of investment, from a broad network of individual and institutional investors, to help them scale their business.
In addition, we have launched a new team, Impact Research & Innovation, that provides tools to support private equity investors to integrate impact into their investment and portfolio management decisions.
ClearlySo seeks outstanding individuals who share our vision of a financial system that supports positive impact. You can read more about the work we do at our website: ClearlySo.com.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in ClearlySo’s London office.
ClearlySo is Europe’s leading impact investment bank. We work exclusively with entrepreneurs and funds delivering attractive financial returns as well as positive social and/or environmental impact, providing them with corporate finance advice and assisting them in raising investment capital from individual and institutional investors. We also assess the impact of our PE and VC clients’ investee companies. Our work proves that impact has become the third dimension in investment making decisions; businesses can be both high impact and high return.
Founded in 2008, ClearlySo has advised 125+ clients raising over £175m from its network of high net worth individuals and institutional investors to help them scale their businesses. Past years have seen significant milestones including Octopus Ventures becoming our largest institutional investor after Big Society Capital, moving into upgraded office premises, a surge in impact fund mandates, and being named ‘Business Consultancy of the Year’ at the British Small Business Awards. Also, over the past 5 years ClearlySo has also run the UK’s first, largest, and most-active group of private individuals and families investing with a positive impact. You can read more about us on our website: www.clearlyso.com.
We are looking for an exceptional and committed corporate finance professional to join the Investment Banking (“IB”) team at ClearlySo. The IB team provides specialist corporate finance advisory and execution services to impact enterprises looking to raise capital from institutional and individual impact investors. It also advises fund managers on structuring and raising impact funds. You will be an integral part of this established and experienced team and involved in the origination and execution of advisory and capital raising transactions across multiple sectors. The role offers an exceptionally high level of exposure to entrepreneurs, investors and businesses at the forefront of the impact investment space. This role reports to the Head of Investment Banking.
Origination and business development
* As part of the IB team, be responsible for deal and client origination (with particular focus on our main sectors of energy and environment, healthcare, property, education and ethical consumerism).
* Prepare proposals and take responsibility for pitching to clients to secure new mandates.
* Manage negotiation of commercial terms, on-boarding and finalising contractual terms with clients.
* Develop your own network of contacts and interact with impact enterprises, fund managers, investors and other stakeholders and advisers across the industry.
Transaction execution and completion
* For capital raising transactions with impact enterprises, deliver advisory and investment readiness services to clients before taking the transaction to market. These include analysis of the client’s business plan, preparation of transaction marketing materials and a detailed financial model .
* For impact fund mandates, provide advisory services to clients on fund structure, investment thesis and investor appetite plus preparation of marketing information and a detailed financial model.
* For both enterprise capital raising and impact fund transactions, be responsible for driving execution of the transaction to a successful completion, including:
– engaging with potential investors;
– co-ordinating due diligence by investors and their advisers;
– assisting the client in evaluating and selecting the preferred investors; and
– advising the client on negotiating commercial terms and transaction completion.
* A minimum of two to three years of experience in originating, structuring, executing and completing equity transactions in venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
* Robust understanding of financial statements, including a recognised qualification (e.g. CFA).
* Extensive experience in building and running financial models for corporate finance transactions.
* Strong team player and independent and reliable worker who can take responsibility for transactions from origination through execution to completion.
* Clear commitment to a better financial system where the impact of investments is considered along financial risk and return.
* Enthusiasm for working in a small, entrepreneurial company.
Nice to haves:
* Track record in debt-related structures or in structured finance.
* Experience of working with SMEs or funds.
* Experience of working within impact enterprises or investors; knowledge of current trends and regulations, and existing relationships with key players.
* A network of investors (individuals and / or institutions) active in impact investing.
* A welcoming and enthusiastic personality.
* Experience of using databases and CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce)
What we offer:
* An exciting and challenging role at Europe’s leading impact investment bank.
* The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission and track record in closing impact transactions.
* A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance.
* A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and an indication of your expected salary for this role, plus a brief covering letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role. Deadline for applications is Friday 23 February.
ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants must have an appropriate visa to work in the UK.