Chief Executive Officer
|Company||Midlands Together CIC|
|Job type||Full time|
|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000|
Midlands Together CIC is a newly established company, aiming to roll-out a successful property based social enterprise model developed by Bristol Together CIC (www.bristoltogether.co.uk).
Bristol Together was a start-up in 2011. Since it's incorporation, it has successfully raised £1.6m of social investment to facilitate the acquisition and refurbishment of freehold properties in Bristol.
The business creates strong social impact by sub-contracting the refurbishment to established local social enterprises where works are specifically carried out by ex-offenders, ex-homeless and long term unemployed people - providing them with construction skills training and work readiness experience.
Properties are then sold and the proceeds re-invested back into the business to finance further property acquisitions and further job creation. The ultimate objective of the business is to be financially self-sustaining and to reduce re-offending rates in Bristol.
The early success of Bristol Together has led to the development of Midlands Together. This is a separate CIC but a scale-up of the Bristol Together model across the Midlands. The Bristol Together team are continuing their close working relationship with the corporate finance team at Triodos Bank (www.triodos.co.uk) to progress the start-up of Midlands Together and a £5m capital raising is currently in progress, with strong interest from a number of institutional social investors.
Midlands Together is now looking to recruit a CEO who will have the opportunity to work closely with the Bristol Together team and Triodos to develop and shape the business prior to raising the required finance.
Position - Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to – the Board of Midlands Together CIC
Place of work – Midlands based. Precise place of work to be decided but could be a) from home b) from the offices of one of the social enterprise partners in the Midlands or c) from dedicated offices.
Investment phase (now until end of Q2 2013):
- Shared responsibility for the development of Midlands Together CIC
- Working closely with Triodos, Bristol Together and other professional advisers during the investment readiness and capital raising stage of the project (from now until Q2 2013) including business plan and investor presentations
- Assistance in selection of subcontract social enterprise partners in Midlands and framework contractual discussions and negotiations
- Shared responsibility for recruiting a board and senior management team
Post investment (estimated from mid-2013):
- Overall responsibility for management and future development of Midlands Together
- Ensuring both financial sustainability and social impact of the business are maintained in line with original objectives
- Establishing a strong future working relationship with the team at Bristol Together CIC and Board members
- Monthly Board pack and reporting
- Recruitment and management of all other staff in Midlands Together CIC
- Investor relations and reporting (both financial and social reporting)
- Performance management of all subcontract social enterprise partners
- Establishment of appropriate governance arrangements in business – including financial, HR, Health & Safety etc
Basic Salary – £45,000 - 50,000 p.a.
Performance bonus – negotiable
Holidays – 25 days plus bank holidays
Candidate attributes and experience:
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right person to get involved in a high impact social enterprise at an early stage and to help shape the business with support from colleagues and advisers. The ideal candidate will have experience of growing and running a business and dealing with external investors. A strong desire to help disadvantaged people and an affinity with the social objectives of Midlands Together are absolute prerequisites. This role might suit somebody already in a CEO role, or someone who has recently retired from a business career and who wants to use his or her experience to “put something back”. Equally, the role would suit senior managers within local councils or the construction industry as well as experienced property development professionals.
Apply for this role
Interested candidates should contact Triodos Corporate Finance in the first instance with a CV and a short covering letter/email explaining why they are suitable for the role – contact details are set out below.
Final application date: Friday 22 February 2013.
Shorlisted candidates will be invited to initial interview during the weeks commencing 4th and 11th March 2013.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to Jeremy Pannell at Triodos Bank:
Corporate Finance Manager
T 0117 980 9592
Those with questions can contact Triodos on the above details. Equally, Paul Harrod (Midlands Together CIC Director) will also be able to answer any specific questions about the role:
Midlands Together CIC Director (and CEO/Founder of Bristol Together CIC)
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.