Sustainable Finance Conference Assistant
|Company||Friends of the Earth|
|Location||Underwood Street, Islington, London|
|Salary||Salary on application|
About the project
This is an exciting opportunity to be heavily involved with the organization of a major conference on financial reform in London spring/summer 2013.
The conference will be a coalition event, with support and input from a broad range of think tanks and NGOs so far including Friends of the Earth, the New Economics Foundation, Civitas, Compass, Fair Pensions, Finance Lab and the World Development Movement.
The event will offer a much-needed space to explore how we can make our financial institutions more accountable and resilient, and get finance to work for people and planet.
We'll be asking leading economists, campaigners and policymakers to outline positive proposals which would help us to avoid asset price bubbles, debt crises and state bailouts of financial institutions, and get finance flowing into projects with long term social and environmental value.
The idea is to improve understanding of the progressive proposals around financial reform and to scope out the potential for joint campaigning. You can get a flavour of what is planned by visiting the website for the Just Banking conference in Scotland.
Travel expenses and lunch costs will be provided.
You will be working closely with the project manager Beth Stratford. You key responsibilities will be to support the project manager to:
- keep the conference website updated with speaker biogs/photos etc.
- liase with speakers to get their biogs/photos for the website, book their accommodation; arrange reimbursement for travel costs, etc.
- help to amalgamate contact details for invitees
- use MailChimp to send out communications to conference invitees and delegates
- be the first port of call for questions from delegates and members of the public
- help to put together the conference programme
- recruit and manage a team of volunteers to do ‘front of house’
- liase with venue, caterers, and film-makers
- Organise signage, and feedback forms for the event
- Help to build interest in the event through social media
You will also be invited to contribute your ideas for the content and format of the event, and the strategy for promoting it.
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Efficient administrative, organisational and time-management skills
Competence with using excel and word
Ability to work on your own initiative
Available to work at least two days per week from the FoE Office in Underwood Street, and to keep an eye on emails when out of the office.
An interest in economic and/or financial reform for social and environmental justice
Familiarity with MailChimp, Wordpress and Twitter
The ability and willingness to undertake occasional evening and weekend activities
Apply for this role
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than one side of A4), outlining why you are suited to the post to: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the role and wish to talk it over, please contact Beth on 07795 071613.
The closing date for applications is January 4th 2013
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 7th January 2013.
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.