|Salary||We will reimburse travel in zones 1-2 and £5 per day lunch expenses|
The role will primarily involve working on Ashoka’s core programme, Venture - the search and selection of leading social entrepreneurs in the UK to elect to the Ashoka Fellowship. The Venture process involves carrying out careful research into potential Fellows, and presenting detailed background information in a persuasive format about the strongest candidates.
The successful candidate will have experience of the citizen sector (social sector; not-for-profits) in their extra-curricular activities, and a track record of entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship. The role would suit someone who is inquisitive and self-motivated, who enjoys analysing social enterprise models and is excited to discover true innovation, digging beneath the surface of Mission Statements and website material.
We expect the candidate to enthusiastically join in our core organisational activities as well. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit or social enterprise sectors and take on considerable responsibility.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the Venture process. This involves:
- Carrying out research into leading social entrepreneurs in the UK
- Evaluating candidates with the Venture team
- Presenting research on short-listed candidates
- Attending networking events & attracting public nominations
- Meeting with leaders in the non-profit/ venture philanthropy world to build our network of nominators
- Co-ordinating events for Ashoka Fellows
- Support the team in building existing corporate partnerships
- Take part in the full range of Ashoka UK activities as directed by the UK Country Director and Venture team.
- Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline: 2:1 minimum (or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills; demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
- Strong research and analytical skills with a critical eye; experience in planning and carrying out research activities
- Self-motivated, organised and efficient; high level of attention to detail
- Proven track record of entrepreneurial spirit
- Permission to work in the UK
Apply for this role
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by January 2nd, 2013. You must be available for interviews in London early January, and ready to start asap. Your cover letter should include:
- Your interest in the position
- How you meet the job requirements – particularly “critical eye”, your experience in the citizen sector, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Any other relevant information
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.