|Salary||Salary on application|
Successful candidates will learn and develop a number of transferable skills tailored to their own interests and needs, whilst helping The DoNation to grow and increase its social and environmental impact.
About The DoNation:
We believe that making the world a better place is about actions, not money - so we help people to make small changes whilst inspiring others to do the same. We do this through our totally new model of online sponsorship that replaces cash with action.
The beta site has been live for just over one year and we’re now beginning to take it to the next stage: growing the team, developing new features for the website, and piloting our school and corporate packages. It’s rather an exciting time.
About the Role:
Given the nature of working in a dynamic start-up with a small team, the role will encompass a variety of tasks including:
1. Marketing and communications: writing copy for the site, handling our social media profiles, newsletters & blogs, promoting key programs and events, emailing Doers, and contributing to other marketing materials.
2. DoAction research: researching, writing, and uploading content for new DoActions and their environmental and social benefits.
As well as an opportunity to negotiate an independent project with a focus on what you want to get out of the internship, and what skills you are keen to develop. We’ve designed it with this flexibility to ensure that you get a lot of personal development out of the internship, whether you’re a student, a recent graduate, or are looking for a career change – that’s the point of internships, after all.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly motivated and driven, with a real ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an entrepreneurial streak; willing to design and develop a project that will add value to our current programme streams.
- Be passionate about The DoNation and show commitment to our aim of developing a sustainable future
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate strong use of initiative
- Be able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Be positive and enthusiastic and fun to have in the office
- Have good organisational skills
- Be pretty nifty on a computer, competent in using the MS Office suite and quick to learn how to use other software and tools.
- Be fluent in English
They should also enjoy a good cuppa tea and be up for shedding some sweat as a DoNation ‘Doer’.
The internship will be on a voluntary basis but we shall reimburse you for your lunch and travel costs within London, on the days you are with us.
It is a part time position, ideally three days a week lasting for three months, but this is negotiable. As a small but growing organisation we hope to be recruiting for more permanent roles within The DoNation soon, however this clearly can’t be guaranteed. The experience gained through this internship may well strengthen an application if / when we do recruit again.
Apply for this role
To apply, please send Ruth your CV and a one page covering letter outlining why you would like to join the team. Explain why you would be right for the position, what you can bring to The DoNation, and what you hope to get out of the experience. Send this to Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 7th January 2013. We will contact candidates being called for interviews by the following week. The successful candidates should be ready to start in early February.
For more information please contact Ruth on email@example.com.
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.