Senior Associate, Financial Advisory & Capital Raising Execution
|Location||20 Old Street, London|
|Job type||Full time|
|Salary||Salary on application|
Who we are
As a financial intermediary in the social investment sector, ClearlySo advises social businesses and enterprises and impact investment funds on raising capital.
We work on behalf of social business and enterprise clients seeking to raise capital, typically from £500k to in excess of £10million. ClearlySo is also a Provider under the Investment and Contract Readiness Fund (ICRF) and works on behalf of clients awarded an ICRF grant seeking to raise at least £500k of capital. ClearlySo has an extensive network of relationships with High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) and leading institutional investors, including foundations, impact investment funds, banks, corporates and other institutions. We also manage the first UK social business angel investment group, Clearly Social Angels.
We are currently seeking to add 3 professionals in order to expand our capabilities and to service this rapidly growing sector.
For this role, ClearlySo is seeking a Senior Associate to play a key role in the execution of our financial advisory and capital raising mandates on behalf of our social business and social enterprise clients.
This individual will be required to act as a team leader on key financial advisory and capital raising mandates and to specifically:
- Provide an initial assessment of the proposed transaction to assist the Origination team
- Lead the execution of the transaction and manage a small team of analysts/junior associates
- Undertake financial and economic analysis and value the business/proposed financial transaction
- Lead/contribute, where appropriate, to the writing/assessment of business plans, pitch materials and financial projections
- Negotiate terms of the financial transaction and contribute to the appropriate structuring of the financial transaction
- Supervise and guide social/environmental impact analysis
- Liaise with the Investment Team for the identification of potential investors/capital providers
- Supervise and facilitate, where appropriate, due diligence undertaken by potential investors
The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the ClearlySo team with responsibility for origination of our financial advisory and capital raising mandates and those who are responsible for our relationships with individual and institutional investors in the investment team.
The role is a full time position and would especially suit individuals who have experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking and of structuring financial transactions (debt, equity etc) for early stage, growth and/or established small and medium-sized businesses.
A successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- Experience leading the financial analysis, structuring and execution of transactions
- Experience in building financial models in Excel with full financial statements (P&L, cashflow, balance sheet) to value companies and model capital structure
- Excellent and proven communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to the impact investment sector
- Ambition and resilience to join a rapidly expanding small team in an entrepreneurial company
Closing date for applications: 7 January 2013
Apply for this role
Interested parties should contact email@example.com. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. The position is based in London and start date is ASAP.
Your application should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV (résumé)
- Cover letter (stating your interest in social investment and social enterprise, your availability and where you heard about ClearlySo)
NB: Please consider that we are not in a position to offer the roles to individuals who do not/will not have a relevant UK work permit or visa.
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.