Analyst, Financial Advisory & Capital Raising - Execution Team
|Location||20 Old Street, London|
|Job type||Full time|
|Salary||Salary on application|
What we do
As a financial intermediary in the social investment sector, ClearlySo advises social businesses and enterprises and impact investment funds on raising capital.
We work on behalf of social business and enterprise clients seeking to raise capital, typically from £500k to in excess of £10million. ClearlySo is also a Provider under the Investment and Contract Readiness Fund (ICRF) and works on behalf of clients awarded an ICRF grant seeking to raise at least £500k of capital. ClearlySo has an extensive network of relationships with High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) and leading institutional investors, including foundations, impact investment funds, banks, corporates and other institutions. We also manage the first UK social business angel investment group, Clearly Social Angels.
We are currently seeking to add 3 professionals in order to expand our capabilities and to service this rapidly growing sector.
For this role, ClearlySo is seeking an Analyst to play a role in the execution of our financial advisory and capital raising mandates on behalf of our social business and social enterprise clients.
The Analyst will be a team member on key financial advisory and capital raising mandates and will specifically:
- Contribute to providing an initial assessment of the proposed transaction to assist the Origination team
- Review historic financial performance and forecast financial projections to assess viability of business/proposed financial transaction
- Build a financial model in Excel to value the business and/or evaluate the proposed financial transaction using a variety of valuation/assessment techniques including DCF, comparable company/transaction analysis etc
- Contribute, where appropriate, to the writing/assessment of business plans, pitch materials and financial projections
- Participate in the determination of the terms of the financial transaction and to the appropriate structuring of the financing/transaction
- Facilitate, where appropriate, due diligence undertaken by potential investors
- Contribute to/guide social/environmental impact analysis
The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the Execution team and with those responsible for origination of our financial advisory and capital raising mandates and those responsible for our relationships with individual and institutional investors in the Investment Team.
The role is a full time position and would especially suit individuals who have experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking and of structuring capital (debt, equity etc) for early stage, growth and/or established small and medium-sized businesses.
A successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- Experience of participating in the structuring and execution of transactions
- Experience in building financial models in Excel with full financial statements (P&L, cashflow, balance sheet) to value companies and model capital structure
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to the impact investment sector
- Ambition and resilience to join a rapidly expanding small team in an entrepreneurial company
Closing date for applications: 7 January 2013
Apply for this role
Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. The position is based in London and start date is ASAP.
Your application should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV (résumé)
- Cover letter (stating your interest in social investment and social enterprise, your availability and where you heard about ClearlySo)
NB: Please consider that we are not in a position to offer the roles to individuals who do not/will not have a relevant UK work permit or visa.
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.