Partner Account Manager - Maternity Cover
|Company||Go ON UK|
|Job type||Full time|
|Salary||up to £40,000, depending on experience|
Go ON UK is a dynamic new charity that aims to bring the benefits of the internet to every individual and every organisation in every community across the UK. Working with our Chair, UK Digital Champion Martha Lane Fox, we have created a radical cross sector partnership to tackle this challenge. Our Founding Partners include: TalkTalk, Lloyds Banking Group, Age UK, BBC, the Post Office, EE (Everything Everywhere), E.ON and the Big Lottery Fund. For the first time a national broadcaster, a bank, a utility company, a telecoms provider, a community retail network, a mobile provider, a charity and a funder have pledged to work together to help make the UK the world's most digitally capable nation in which everyone and every organisation is able to enjoy the social, economic and cultural benefits of the internet. Go ON and its high profile partners have agreed to share their expertise, resources, reach and networks, encouraging every organisation and every individual in the UK to join them on this mission.
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the post-holder will be responsible for effective account management of cross-sector partners in creating, managing and reporting on overview of all programmes and projects to support the development, implementation, evaluation of their staff and community digital capability initiatives. This includes creating and managing account reporting, supporting teams to define outcome metrics and helping forecast risks to activity.
The post holder will have entrepreneurial skills with commercial, social and political awareness. They will act as the champion for developing strong partner relationships and leading effective tactical execution of delivery programmes to meet Go ON UK’s strategic aims, and to bring the benefits of the Internet to citizens and businesses in the UK. A passion for everything digital is essential, as is the ability to bring about positive change through collaboration.
This is a full-time position covering up to 9 months maternity cover, with possibility of extension.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage partnership programmes and relationships to ensure achievement of partners’ commitments to staff and community.
• Scope and develop practical frameworks, tools and resources that enable partners to design and deliver their own staff and community programmes.
• Implement objectives and meet defined time-scales, format and quality of program deliverables.
• Ensure information about partner activity and its impact is captured and make practical recommendations from lessons learned.
• Create, maintain and develop monthly reporting on progress of programmes and projects to help Go ON UK teams achieve their aims.
• Build effective working relationships with functional leads in partner organisations. • Identify opportunities for partners in the voluntary, private and public sectors to
collaborate and facilitate introductions.
• Work with colleagues in Go ON UK marketing and policy teams to ensure partners’ objectives and activities are communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure that partners’ adopt Go ON UK brand guidelines and key messages. • Identify revenue generating partnership opportunities.
Education / Qualification
• Educated to University degree or equivalent work experience. • At least 3 years’ proven success experience of working in a commercial or client facing
environment building relationships and managing projects.
Knowledge / Technical Skills
• Good account management skills with experience of nurturing and building partner relations across the commercial, public and voluntary sectors to deliver complex programmes.
• Track record of project/programme management experience with clear evidence in delivery execution and outcomes within structured time-scales.
Knowledge / Technical Skills
• Attention to detail with strong planning, reporting and analytical skills of gathering and interpreting data to enable effective decision making.
• Strong written and oral communicator with presentation skills providing exemplary ability to build and manage relationships both internally and externally.
• Experience of co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams and managing distance relationships desirable.
• Strong passion in digital communications and service delivery. • Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and use of CRM
or PRM tools.
Personal Skills / Quality
• Vision – demonstrate clear vision, commitment and ability to drive tactical quality execution / implementation of delivery programmes
• Collaborative, relationship and network builder – astute trust builder to make everyone feel important and open new opportunities. Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with ability to build strong working relationship with a range of functional leads from partner organisations, and stakeholders that include HR, Operations, CSR, Marketing / Communications.
• Results orientated – ability to work under pressure with a ‘can do’ attitude. Enthused by challenges and motivated to problem solve, constantly pushing to achieve goals.
• Focused but adaptive – capable of applying methodical approached to programme delivery that is laser focused with attention to detail. Comfortable in changing environments with ability to adapt to change in positive and effective manner
• Politically savvy – ability to filter and understand when to listen. Confident to question to offer ideas and solutions.
• A self-starter who has the ability to self-manage and able to work independently with minimal support.
• Strong team player - disciplined, proactive and administratively strong in time management and organisational skills.
• Sociable and outgoing
Apply for this role
Go ON UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community, and all backgrounds, as we value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce.
To apply, your CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: Partner Account Manager in the email subject line.
Your letter should be brief and include 10 bullet points as to why you would be perfect for the role. Please also indicate notice period/available start date.
Applicants must be free of any restrictions to reside and take up employment in the UK, and be able to easily commute to/from Central London.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible before the closing date.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications expected for this unique role, an acknowledgment response to applications will be made to those who have been shortlisted for interview.
Unfortunately applicants who do not receive any reply within 3 weeks of the closing date can conclude that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are unable to accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest.
Closing date for applications: 23rd November 2012, 5pm
Please mention ClearlySo when you apply.